Welcome to Rivendell
Welcome to the Admissions Department at the Rivendell Sanctuary Program of San Diego Christian! We appreciate your interest and want to serve you in a capacity that will help you make the best decisions for your future.
We will accept a maximum of 30 students in each of our programs. These 30 students will be joined by two faculty to experience our unique way of learning.
Some things to know before applying to Rivendell
- Academic Calendar: Our program consists of four terms, separated by 10- to 14-day breaks. This schedule breaks from the conventional university model, in which a summer break interrupts academic study and holistic development.
- Rolling Admission: Students are admitted on an individual basis at the time they complete their application.
- Program Duration: Rivendell students complete their Associate of Arts degree (65 credits) in 16 months.
- Enrollment Security Deposit: Acceptance into Rivendell does not guarantee admission. Accepted students must submit the Enrollment Security Deposit to secure a place in the program.
We are currently accepting applications for our Winter 2014 and Fall 2014 programs. Applicants are encouraged to complete the application as quickly as possible, since a limited number of seats are available. Please call our Main Office with questions on availability: (952) 996-1451 or one of our Admissions Team members.
Acceptance to The Rivendell Sanctuary Program does not guarantee admission into the program. Admission is confirmed by the nonrefundable Enrollment Security Deposit. This deposit secures the student’s spot in class, and will be received on a first-come, first-served basis. The deposit is applied toward the student’s first semester tuition.
- U.S. Student Enrollment Reservation Deposit: $500 (non-refundable)
- International Student Enrollment Reservation Deposit: $1,000 (this deposit is fully refundable should an International student’s visa application be denied)
In the event that all spaces are filled, late applicants will be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted as space becomes available.
Take the three steps
In order to complete the admissions process, we encourage you to complete these three steps.