Welcome to the Admissions Department at the Rivendell Program of San Diego Christian! We appreciate your interest and want to serve you in a capacity that will help you make the best decisions for your future.
We will accept a maximum of 30 students in each of our programs. These 30 students will be joined by two faculty to experience our unique way of learning.
Things to Know Before Applying
- Academic Calendar: Our program consists of four terms, separated by 10- to 14-day breaks. This schedule breaks from the conventional university model, in which a summer break interrupts academic study and holistic development.
- Rolling Admission: If accepted, students are admitted on an individual basis based on when they complete their application.
- Program Duration: Rivendell students complete their Associate of Arts degree (65 credits) in 16 months.
- Enrollment Security Deposit: Acceptance into Rivendell does not guarantee admission. Accepted students must submit the Enrollment Security Deposit to secure a place in the program.
Applicants are encouraged to complete the application as quickly as possible, since a limited number of seats are available. Please call our Main Office with questions on availability: (952) 996-1451.
Acceptance to The Rivendell Program does not guarantee admission into the program. Admission is confirmed by the Enrollment Reservation Deposit. This deposit secures the student’s spot in class, and will be received on a first-come, first-served basis. The deposit is applied toward the student’s first semester tuition.
- U.S. Student Enrollment Reservation Deposit: $500 (non-refundable)
- International Student Enrollment Reservation Deposit: $1,000 (this deposit is fully refundable should an International student’s visa application be denied)
In the event that all spaces are filled, late applicants will be placed on a waiting list and will be contacted as space becomes available.
Take the Three Steps
In order to complete the admissions process, we encourage you to complete these three steps.
Step 1: Visit
Step into the Rivendell experience by seeing first hand how we do college differently. During your visit, our founders, staff, and faculty will all be available to answer your questions. At Rivendell, your visit will be tailored around you and your family. Call or email to set up a visit.
Step 2: Apply
The application process for the Rivendell program is different than most.
We factor into our consideration that there’s more to a human being than simply a GPA. There’s more to a person than test scores. Here at Rivendell, you are more than just a brain to us. As such, we take more into account in the application process than many other colleges because our program is centered around the whole person.
We don’t want to rule someone out because they can’t take a test well or because they don’t learn the way everyone else does. We seek highly motivated students who want the best that life has to offer and are willing to work hard in order to apply what they are learning to their life. .
Fill out the application, send in your transcripts and references. After your application is complete, the acceptance committee will inform you of their admissions decision.
We look forward to beginning this journey with you.
Step 3: Enroll
Everything that you come to know here at Rivendell, you apply to your life and it changes the way you live. This means that an investment in the Rivendell Program is not only about getting a diploma, it is an investment in learning to love God and others and what that means for your life.
Now that you’ve decided to join the Rivendell journey, here are your next steps: